UMClan
Welcome to the forum. Sign in or Register.
UMClan
Welcome to the forum. Sign in or Register.
UMClan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UMClan

The UMClan Of Blockland

HomeUMClan HQPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hello there...
Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:07 am by NPCKiller

» Chirstmas.
Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:08 am by BlackDragonIV

» (Five days remaining)
Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:36 am by BlackDragonIV

» (Four days remaining)
Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:36 am by BlackDragonIV

» (Three days remaining)

» (Two days remaining)
Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:35 am by BlackDragonIV

» Christmas Eve (One day remaining)
Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:35 am by BlackDragonIV

» Banner of January 2012!
Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 am by BlackDragonIV

Similar topics
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Minecraft or Blockland?

Go down 
+3
Bluey643
BlackDragonIV
Zlee
7 posters

Witch one you Like Better
MineCraft
Minecraft or Blockland? I_vote_lcap75%Minecraft or Blockland? I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Blockland
Minecraft or Blockland? I_vote_lcap25%Minecraft or Blockland? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Zlee
Admin
Zlee

11729 Posts : 62

Minecraft or Blockland? Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:57 pm

As the title says which game do you prefere?, Minecraft or Blockland and why you prefere that one.

In my opinion I prefer Blockland due to the fact I never get bored with multiplayer and because it is not as buggy (Yes I know it is still in beta.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:07 am

Minecraft because Minecraft is published before Blockland and Blockland is just a rip off of Minecraft

Sorry Blockland Fans but Minecraft is 1 year Older than Blockland, try something like Minecraft next time.
Back to top Go down
Zlee
Admin
Zlee

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 pm

You do know its the other way around? Blockland went retail in february of 2007 (not to mention when it was up earlyier but wasn't retail. And minecraft was released on may 17, 2009.

My sources....

Blockland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockland

Minecraft: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:05 am

Comparing Minecraft and Blockland

Minecraft > Blockland for creativity
Minecraft > Blockland for putting in AI controlled Enemies
Minecraft > Blockland for Minecraft being first because creative was here before Blockland
Blockland > Minecraft for making it easy for people to make servers

I dont have anymore ideas Sad
Back to top Go down
Zlee
Admin
Zlee

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 am

Some points i though of.

Minecraft : Having an randomly generated world.

Blockland : Has Alot of gamemodes ("DM, TDM, CTF, City rp etc.").

Minecraft : Having a one-of-the-kind survival type gameplay.

Blockland : Event system (Kicks redstone any day of the week in my opinion lol).

etc.
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonIV
Admin
BlackDragonIV

9944 Posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Lemmie Explain alright?

Minecraft debut was about 2 years ago.

Blockland? Well.. lets see I've been playing for 3 years and my ID is 9944... which means its been around longer than that.

Either way back on topic.

Minecraft:
Overview: A unique experience created by Markus Perrson, live, survive, build, destroy, and play on the best 3D map generator (IMO), constanly getting new content, and if thats not enough, the modding community is amazing.

Building: Simple and unique the blocks allow you to create anything you can imagine, altho you must collect all the resources there are mods that allow you to spawn things.

Technical Side: Features Redstone dust, simple concepts which are the very peices in which we used to create modern circuitry, allowing infinite uses.

Blockland:
Overview: A lego based game where you can build anything you can imagine, is not updated often, however its has a large base for user created content which is pretty much the core of everything good in Blockland.

Building: Lego based blocks allow you to create anything you can imagine.

Technical Side: Eventing, a complex system that allows you to create anything, from turning a light on, all the way to create an entire game.

FINAL VOTE:
Minecraft, because what makes alot of games so amazing is that perfect combination of complexity and simplicity, action and adventure, and minecraft just has that, and thats what makes Minecraft, Minecraft.
Back to top Go down
Bluey643

16257 Posts : 16

PostSubject: My vote:Blockland   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am

My vote: Blockland. Reasons?
Blockland

PROS:Building is infinite. With so many bricks to choose from, theres nothing you can't build! Also, there are events. While Minecraft has redstone wire and other redstone mechanisms, i find events much less confusing.
There is also much more you can do with events than redstone. There is also a very easy to use mod organizer that we like to call Return to Blockland. While Minecraft has a very hard-to-use mod system, Blocklands Mod Manager is very organized and simple. You download, activate, and they're ready to use Very Happy ! And there are many cool gamemodes. Too many to list! Now, the bad things.

CONS:I can really only think of 2 cons for Blockland, which are very related and almost unchangable (sorry if its spelled wrong). Noobs and Blockheads. We all no about them, so no need to go into details. Other than that, there is nothing else bad about it.

Minecraft

PROS: Different every time. With a random world generator, its always different! Good AIs, with monsters and animals, they control on their own. With Blockland it is much more complicated. Also, there are many items you can create and use while building in Minecraft. I also like how there's a better weather system in Minecraft. The blocks also have differences from each other, and none are exactly the same. Similar, but not the same. Much of the items have totally different uses. One last thing is The Nether. With blocks you cant find normally, i find it fun traveling there every time.

CONS: I know Minecraft is in beta, and some of these will be fixed. One big thing is multiplayer. It takes some time to find a good server, and yet, it isn't as good as Blockland's. It is also hard to find some of the items you need to create your builds. Also, it is easy to get lost in this game. One last thing is that if you die in lava, or a deep hole, or the void, you'll have your items gone. Simple.

So thats why I'm going with Blockland.
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonIV
Admin
BlackDragonIV

9944 Posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:22 am

So wait.. a Con of Minecraft is that if you Die, you loose your items? Why the hell did you die!? Fall in lava? You gotta be kidding me, I mean c'mon... monsters off, Dont dig straight down and tada! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "It is also hard to find some of the items you need to create your builds."So spawn the items by making a server and just joining it yourself, then you can use the /give command. Altho that takes some sort of effort to do, its still no excuse, now if you want to say how "The item spawn command is very unruly" then sure, cause i mean right now that needs some work due to "damaged" items. etc. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Im not trying to say that im defending Minecraft, but I mean you gotta think about a problem with a game before you list it. Also, if you learned redstone dust, its actually SUPER simple, its just that when you put togeather a few different simple contraptions you get a complex contraption. Just like simple machines and complex machines.
Back to top Go down
WTFpanCAIKS

WTFpanCAIKS

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:37 pm

In my opinion Mincraft pwns Blockland.

Good things about MC:

-Randomly generated land

-You get to craft you tools

-Lots of people can be on one server (world record is 899 people)

-Fall damage, mobs, lava, lightning, etc... make it a sandbox game but also a survival game.

- Worlds 3 times bigger than the earth

-YOU GET CAKE

Good things about BL (I have never really played but I'll give it a shot)

-Events make stuff easy

-Better pyshics

-lego type building (I love legos)

I'm not going to name all the bad things about BL but i would say that MC wins 6-3
Back to top Go down
NPCKiller
Admin
NPCKiller

11495 Posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:41 am

I love minecraft
Back to top Go down
Slash0mega
Admin
Slash0mega

11621 Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 pm

no choice,
both games are great for what they do.
minecraft is more explory and blockland is more fighty with both having a focusing on building.
though the comunity of blockland annoys me for the sole reson of dumb servers.

also blackdragon, many peaple do not like the lose all your stuff mechanic.

lolmaster, feel free to attack this post with grammer Razz
Back to top Go down
LolMaster

LolMaster

8300 Posts : 366

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 pm

Slash0mega wrote:
no (Capilization) choice,
both (Capilization) games are great for what they do.
minecraft (Capilization) is more explory (Is that even a word?) and blockland is more fighty (Is that even a word?) with both having a focusing (The 'ing' is unessesary) on building.
though (Although* + Capilization) the comunity (Spelling) of blockland (Capilization) annoys me for the sole (Soul*?) reson (Spelling) of dumb servers.

also blackdragon (Capilization), many peaple (Spelling) do not like the lose all your stuff mechanic (Fragment?).

lolmaster (Capilization), feel free to attack this post with grammer Razz (Gladly)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft or Blockland?   Minecraft or Blockland? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft or Blockland?
Page 1 of 1